As the economy struggles to emerge from a deep recession not stand with folded arms, invests in you and give an extra train to your job performance, experts say.With an unemployment rate rose to 6.28% in August (its highest level since February 1996 when the country resented the disastrous Tequila crisis), and recruitment under the scheme employed in 65.6% of cases, According to data from the National Institute of Statistics and Geography, get a good job has become a task ‘Titanic’, but not impossible.
The famous phrase “he who seeks finds” is more valid than ever, the key is where do you start? Away you go with the ‘fake’ that only good ‘levers’ help, it’s time to invest in your people skills to create a knowledge-profile talents ‘right turn’ more than one recruiter. One option for achieving that aim are the 6E.
In 1997, the Educational Development Center (Education Development Center, EDC) an NGO based in Boston, USA, spoke about the importance of building an entrepreneurial culture and encourage the emergence of professional leaders, who have a chance to be placed in a good job, that’s how the concept emerged 6E says Ary Kahan, president of Kaso and Associates.
The 6E, said Esteban González, president of the Foundation E is a program that, by its English name, meaning: employability (employability), the creation of jobs (employment creation), equity (equity), enterprise (entrepreneurship); support the environment (environmental sustentability) and empowerment (empowerment). Each symbol has a meaning that you can use to build your resume, your job search and keep working with that account.
– Employability and job creation. You can not wait for your dream job thrust upon you. This acronym refers to activities that can and should apply daily, for a place or switching from your current company.
How do I apply?
– Establish networks for sharing information about programs or tools that work to get a job. “75% of employment opportunities is obtained with a networking (networking) cash,” says Jorge Muniain Gomez, executive Employer Mexico.
– In addition to facebook, twitter and job banks on the Internet, uses the method ‘old fashioned’: take pen and paper, and make a list of friends and classmates that might help as well as contacts of the job search your college. If you talk to two a week, a month eight people would be aware of your situation. Make it a goal to have at least six events a month.
– Fairness: In this age where work strategies are very similar and not easy to find a good product to excel, an option to differentiate is to compete with a model through which the employer sees that you are able to think of others, and not only that you get the benefits, economic or post indicates Beascoechea Henry, coordinator of curriculum design in the Commercial Banking School (EBC).
Eye: The social responsibility applied to yourself, he adds, is a good element to generate loyalty and recognition in your own kernel.
How do I apply?
* – In your work: Before talking about weights, see that in your vocabulary (and your attitude) displayed initiatives and propose specific programs that help to create a better atmosphere within the company. As a workshop exercise or reading.
* – In the job interview: Use phrases that translate your desire to achieve goals together, such as “I believe that teamwork makes the difference in the results.”
To tell the representative of the EBC when a person has spent time in a social work and exposes, gives the idea you can operate in different contexts and there creativity to cope with given resources.
– Entrepreneurship. “The watchword now is to learn to identify opportunities for performance in various situations, even if they seem adverse,” said Celina Madero, a specialist in the department of Business Leadership Tecnologico de Monterrey, Campus Santa Fe
How do I apply? For you to be able to give a “twist” to what you do, you begin to discover your areas of competence, ie what you like. If you have a passion for what you do or you will become difficult to excel in leadership.
* – In your work: Spend an evening or two to think about what points of your daily operations or are losing interest or activity are the most tedious, and notes on the side how you could change that scenario.
* – In the job interview: Highlights innovations undertaken in other posts, and thanks to which the work was different.
* – Note: Set aside a time to think about what actions have successfully repeated throughout your life, there you will find strengths that then you sell on your resume.
– Environmental Sustainability: The ‘E’, to tell Esteban Gonzalez, he can be regarded as a symbol-a source of employment. Have you thought about looking for work in areas related to the environment?
Although it sounds odd, according to a study of EDC, there is a strong impetus to identify employment opportunities in areas such as care and water care, energy and ecosystem management.
Antonio Castro, a professor at the Faculty of Accounting and Administration at UNAM, indicates that to date little has been said about the importance of this area as a source of business, but the reality is that this is a great niche to explore.
How does it apply? While perhaps not a quality you could develop immediately, your work, according to Gonzales were, this concept is part of the 6E because businesses engaged in some aspect of the environment are bound to increase.
Among the areas with interesting opportunities for entrepreneurs are to do with new sources of energy or saving it, recycling, water care and bio.
– Empowerment. This term describes the power to do and feel more in control of situations, because the person has the knowledge to do so and the security to develop new tools, says Antonio Castro.
How do I apply?
* In your work: get in the train of globalization and capacitate (can be distance-learning courses) to update your skills and knowledge. Master your area puts a ‘step forward’ at the time to suggest changes or make decisions.
* In the job interview: Here you can also show Empowerment, and it shows up in your firm voice, about the achievements that you’re listing, but especially in your ability to listen to respond with a comment to retake the point interest launched by the recruiter.