Upon receiving a proposal for work where you weigh your career aims and priorities must give you the opportunity to reject an offer that suits you, despite the current unemployment.
You used to move your resume to several companies, to use your networks, and suddenly you get a job? Before you say yes or exclude, you must analyze the decision from the perspective of your current condition and future plans, experts say.
According to a survey by the employment exchange CareerBuilder, applied in 2009 to employers in different countries, 5 of every 10 recruiters said that the biggest problem is finding qualified applicants to hire. But in your case, maybe you’re the other side, and at that stage have to be sorted to select where you want desempeñarte, said the director general of Trabajando.com Mexico, Margarita Chico.
Living the situation of an immediate offer is unbeatable and even ‘curious’, thinking about the current employment downturn, but usually occurs when the candidate space devoted daily to monitor their options. In addition, the start of the year usually marks a rebound in open seats, but have found one or more occasions does not mean you should run to them and accept them.
“If the economic condition allows the candidate must make a detailed analysis of the offer to see if it complies with what is required in your personal growth, and economical. For questions on any aspect and agrees to accept may have trouble enrolling in that job, and end up being one of those cases where renounce every 3 months, “said the teacher of the Universidad del Valle de Mexico, Chapultepec campus, Liliana Soria.
“Choose a job or not? That is the dilemma
The specialists provided the following suggestions to make your decision without feeling that you drop a good opportunity.
1. Do not you move the money: Consider that you can achieve growth in a company. “Maybe you offer more in a business that is starting but here the play to know whether it will succeed or not.’d See if there is another source where, although the salary is lower, there is some opportunity to grow in a while determined, “said Margarita Chico.
2. Ensures that the project that will provide stable and not go to closing in 6 months.
3. It analyzes how the labor market in your profession, and what the future holds for him. If you have the ability to play several roles within your profession, it pays to opt for you to locate one in future employment, although at this moment it seems that only certain positions ‘are in vogue’.
4. Find out what legal benefits are expected to look at your hiring and holding for the seriousness of the recruitment process. In interviews prior to hiring three things must be clear: what are your duties, conditions of pay and allowances (if any) and what has the company structure.
5. If you have two job offers for which option, or there is one that is very clear, spend a few hours to think about how you offer that fits with your current needs? Will you agree with your projects to door or prior commitments? Is it possible to negotiate the offer and what it depends on this factor?
6. If you decide not to take the alternative of job you get, because your assessment indicates that it is not something where you currently desempeñarte, Tell them with the recruiter. If the project anyway you like, but I think it is better to operate under a different labor model (eg freelance or open your own business) asked if you can support in a less formal framework.
7. Whether you take the alternative, talk to the employer and explain all the arguments that led you to make that decision. The recruiter considers you an option and that is something that from the outset, it needs nurturing. You must understand why a company like this does not answer for the moment with your expectations.