Although the crisis has frozen the salaries in your company, there are other benefits that you may ask, to get a yes to your requests known the eight rules of negotiating labor: experts.
Free time or a scholarship to study are some of the benefits you can get your business. The average monthly income for a manager and area manager is 6000 dollars, according to updated information, to 2009, the Labor Center.
Whether or not an actual figure (because the allocation of wages varies according to the organization) is a fact that during periods of recession get a raise is more difficult, so you must have an ‘ace in the hole’ for other benefits add value to your performance and personal life.
“Companies can not increase their costs, then they are moving to other short-term benefits for the employee. Even, it appears that when there is a raise, the person is grateful the first three months, but then his style Lifestyle changes that increase, so it no longer sees something wonderful in this decision. However, when supplies are others like leave early, people tend to engender a sense of loyalty and commitment to the company any longer ” indicates Yanis Raptis CEO of Right Management, a Manpower company.
It is commonly thought that in the current environment, “things are not to ask for concessions,” and you live with what you are given. However, if you know what professional and identify the plus vouchers to give to the organization to fulfill its objectives, then you can fight to gain other advantages, mentioned Roberto Debayle, a consultant in human resource development and job search.
The manager of Right Management identifies two key moments for this activity: before taking a job and when you’re inside, after a cut of employees or a successful evaluation of your performance. “When a company seeks to hire, usually, makes the lowest bid, but has always reserved a room, and here is the work of the person know how to negotiate, stating in what we gave as a professional.
The problem, says Raptis, is that most people see in the interview, interrogation and answer only care about ‘proper’ and ‘saved’, without realizing that is your chance to secure better terms. “You have to ask what other benefits could have that place, for example time to continue studying.”
And once hired
David Oliver, author of How to negotiate effectively, ensures that problems of delay in salary increases, the areas of human resources and managers are ‘more open’ to negotiate certain benefits. The author and director of Manpower mentioning the following, analyze them:
– Recreation. For many people this indicator is perhaps more valuable than a raise. Think about the last time you visited your doctor did he not ‘circus and theater rope’ to get some extra hours at meal time? Or do not you like to have more freedom to stay home, additional hours, when your child gets sick? That’s right: it is important that any change be made without affecting your productivity, so you must ensure that you will comply with your homework, by the agreed dates.
– Scholarships. Although rare, some companies (mostly large) have assistance programs to do a course or seminar, to cover him without your pocket. If you do not have it, but your choice is interesting for the area, you can suggest to help you liquidate a part of it.
– MBA. In particular at this point refers Yanis Raptis, you can get a positive response because of training creates a win-win, if the person specializes can bring added value to his post. “That’s it, you should check that the investment made in you – as far as time allowed, will benefit your performance.
– Work from home. While in Mexico this scheme is not widely used, except when you’re freelance, “some organizations are considering it because it saves costs, but the employee must be organized to ensure that their performance will be equally or more productive from this scheme,” says the director of Right Management.
– Technology support. You can request the provision of certain tools to facilitate your work, depending on the tasks you should perform, as a laptop or a BlackBerry.
– Better health. There may also be support for the payment of a membership at a gym, or any other action (however small it may seem) see as a benefit for your stay there, as have water jugs, coffee, a good chair, a workout against stress, a vending machine, etcetera.
8 golden rules
If even with the layoffs and economic downturn keep your job, it means that the organization “sees” a feature in you that is important to them and therefore want to keep. You are in a good venue to seek support from your boss in a certain request, follow these tips when sitting down to negotiate:
1. To order a supply, the suggestion is that you have at least one year in office, time in which the employer has identified your capabilities, and commitment to the company, says Raptis.
2. For nothing, ‘you jump’ to your boss. Sometimes people think that talking to the “rank high” of the organization will have better results, and ignore the reality is that your superior may be counterproductive.
3. The best time to make this proposal is when you get an important achievement in your work or (minimally) when you see your boss in a good mood, motivated. If you arrive after a meeting “difficult”, you probably will not receive or get a refusal.
4. At all costs avoid phrases like “if I do not rely on this I will have to go looking at other options” or “I knew that other companies pay better my position.” And the most dangerous attitude: let ‘interview’ if you do not receive a positive response will be discouraged. “Cuidado! These sentences make your boss feel” threatened “and could end by telling you:” Then, we also see who is covering your place. ”
5. To raise your concerns, take advantage of everyday working meetings and takes a space to say “drawing to see results, I take a little time to comentarte this situation.” Invite your boss to lunch is out of place, this will only make the person begins to create scenarios of what to ask.
6. Although the next person to be your best friend (a), avoids tell everyone your intention to raise an additional benefit. That is ‘personally’ that, usually, is between the head and you. If the rumor, the exception would not be achieved in you.
7. Now, make a proposal does not mean you’ll get what you want right away or “just like that.” Before speaking think very well what you promise on your performance, and prepare a strategy where you define your objectives, the possible responses of the counterparty, and margins in the negotiation can be done.
8. When you finish your talk, say goodbye emphasizing that appreciates the time and provided the opportunity to present your ideas. If, after arriving at an agreement, avoiding unnecessary entertain with talks that could make the boss changes his mind.