A freelance (independent worker) is a person who is engaged to perform work of his occupation, trade or profession, independently, to other persons or companies that require their services for certain tasks, why not get a payment based on the time but the result, without the obligation of contracting parties to continue the relationship beyond the task done.
If you have an ability to develop websites, applications programming, writing, graphic design, among others, you can work independently to sell your services.
Advantages of being a self-employed:
* Have more freedom to choose their working hours.
* You decide what projects to work on and which not.
* In most cases that is better paid job.
* You can take holidays from work and another.
* Opportunity to start a business or get a permanent job relevance, due to the large amount of knowledge that is acquired.
Disadvantages of being a self-employed:
* No employment benefits such as health insurance or retirement allowances.
* Subject to instability in income.
* Some have to deal with contracts, legal, accounting, marketing and other business functions themselves.
* You might feel very lonely and bored with being at home.