With the economic situation we live in, keep your job is a job in itself. Today no one can afford to put on autopilot and expect everything to continue working as usual. And this reality applies to both top executives and for employees who had just entered the workforce. No one is safe from the dreaded guillotine. But as you are proactive, here I give you five things that will ensure that you cut the head so that you avoid at all costs.
1. Flexible in your work habits without prior agreement with your supervisor, is often arrive late, or go early. This casual attitude, sends a clear message that you do not take your work seriously.
2. Do not upgrade with new skills, new trends in your industry or new ways to carry out old routines. For example, do not know to communicate by text message when this is the preferred way of communicating your bosses and peers. Or you are a journalist but do not know write blogs. This attitude is leaving you out of the race competitively.
3. Do you make inappropriate comments about peers or leaders in social media (whether online or offline). Look what happened with General Stanley McChrystal that President Obama take just for having spoken ill of Vice President Joe Biden in an interview with a magazine. To post comments, photos or videos of this style in Facebook may be the best way to lose not only this work but to close your doors with prospective employers.
4. Do not make suggestions or ideas of good quality for the progress of your team or department. That is, it does not matter who you are or you’re not. Without doubt, this is a good way to tell your boss that you are replaceable or worse, that your position is not necessary and can be trimmed.
5. Reject opportunities and challenges because they do not think you’re ready or do not want to take responsibility. If you’re not willing to grow, it is likely that sooner or later your employers feel they should replace you for someone more professional push. Remember that only 70-80% you should be ready to assume a new position. The rest you will learn in this new position.
Do you have more examples how to lose the job fast ?