Writing comes under the writing career of the freelancer. It takes a lot of time in making your name through the published work, paying high attention to issues like taxes, and making sure you are ahead of others in the published work. Since, there are so many writers out there; the level of competition is really high. However, this should not be an excuse to stop your ride.
1. Always be honest when quoting about your writing skills. There are chances that the editor won’t bother about your work if it contains grammatical errors.
2. If you don’t have a qualified degree for the English or Journalism, then you can look for a related course. The most important thing is to get comments on your writing. This will help in developing your work.
3. Try to learn how to write a superb query letter to the editor. In this letter, you must include the details related to your idea; give your related qualification along with a sample. Make it look like the best possible option at the editor’s desk.
4. Buy a featured book “Writer’s Market.” It gives all the information that a writer needs to know, and you will need it besides listening to the consumer magazines and publishing houses.
5. To further enhance your writing skills, look for freelancer job opportunities. To get such jobs, type “writer” or “writing” on the Google search bar.
6. You should contact your local newspaper and request them to submit a sample article based on their specifications. This means that the editor will read your work, but he is not obligated to pay you for that. Make sure, you do mention that this idea is fresh and already not published anywhere.
Tips and Warnings
You should develop a portfolio that includes the writing material whom you feel is professional. In order to get approval from the editor, you must show the clips of your work. To build your portfolio further, you should offer volunteer writing services for the community publication.
To build a strong portfolio, you can look for the online communities were writing work is needed. Writing for communities like eHow and Wikipedia will surely enhance your portfolio as these are recognized worldwide.
Like other writers, don’t waste your precious time in chatting with wannabes writers. Instead, you must devote your time in searching, writing, and studying.
So this is nice way to earn money and work from home….