Designing website that is easy to search
Designing a website that meets the needs of a company and the requirements of users and search engines is challenging. A website that is search friendly is more useful to get traffic easily. It will help to get more business easily.
Search engines locate and compare your site/web pages with words that solve user’s problems and value the content. To promote repeat visits and user experience, the site; an extension of the corporate identity, should be easy to navigate and speak to targets in their terms.
Tips for making a site which is easy to search:
1. URL’s: relevant, user-friendly, structured and simple URL’s describe the web page to the users and search engines, are easily linked and found by other external web pages.
2. Title tags: It must precise and unique for each page and indicate what the content describes. They should not be similar for different pages to reduce rates of click-off.
3. Meta descriptions: This also must be unique for each page and contain keywords. It should accurately describe a page since they mostly form the snippet below your webpage title in the findings search.
4. Paragraph headers: headers, outline of sorts, are the H6 to H1 tags that appear above the paragraph to tell what comes below. Also are used exclusively for introduction-worthy content.
5. Navigation: This should be able to make sense and guide the user through the page in the desired sequence. Most important pages should be in the navigation bar and support pages in the sub-menu.
6. Content: Content is the main core of the website and should be maintained through updating and addition of additional pages so that it doesn’t go stale so that it is crawled and indexed frequently by the search engines. This makes the users keep coming back.
7. Internal links: Each page on the website should be accessible using one link as users and search engines navigate the site through pages and links. They are also gateways to additional information, clarification and navigation to purchase.
8. Anchor text: It is among of the most crucial SEO factors due to weight on the quantity and quality of external links. When associated with web links to your website they provide topic authority for matched search terms. Link to the most relevant word(s) that describe the content on the page being linked to.
9. Images: Images should not be over-abundant, unless for products, and be sure to ALT tag each image and include a precise image description.