What can be done to ensure that your CV is selected from a battery that could contain 400 documents? That is the challenge we face when writing a resume.
The key is to make sure to write a resume of accomplishments, rather than a job description of curriculum.
Focus on achievements
This is the most common error committed by almost all job seekers: Most people write resumes describing their work. In essence, they describe not only what they did, but what I would have done any other person. An example:
Sales representative, industrial Szabo, Minneapolis, MN, 2003-present
* Sales of components to manufacturing customers throughout the Middle West
* Developing and building strong friendships with all customers
* Create lists for telephone calls and personal visits to schedule
* Managing staff and prepare budget reports
That may sound good, but the sad fact of the matter is that every sales representative in the history of industrial-Szabo or for that case, any company-did the same thing. The director of recruitment will not say, “wow, this guy was a sales representative, and developed friendly relations with its customers need to bring with us.”
The key to a curriculum is to focus first on what you specifically achieved. What made it unique, special, different or distinctive?
Define your achievements
Think about your achievements in terms of both scope and results.
Scope: What size? How much? How rich? How often?
Results: Did it increase sales? You saved money to the company? Do you recognize their accomplishments? I think something new?
As you can guess by these questions, the successes are communicated through numbers, numbers and more numbers. You must be as specific as possible in everything you write.
Another better example
Here is a new version of the CV sample. Same person, same place but a very different curriculum.
Sales Representative, Industrial Szabo, Minneapolis, MN, 2003-present
* We sold $ 35 million industrial products to more than 1,200 customers throughout the Middle West
-I was the second in the first 21 sales representatives throughout the country
-Super sales targets set by the company by 19%
* Personally assured more than 350 new customers by offering products for telephone calls and visits in person.
* Managing a budget of $ 75,000 per year and decreasing expenses by 18%
* Prepare detailed summaries of dozens being reported monthly to the national vice president of sales
Here a grand council to evaluate what type: if it appears on your resume can be written by the person who had the same job before or after you break your resume, and start again.