You saw you analytics account and your traffic dropped to zero. In the most cases 90% of all traffic you are getting from google.
Your site is de indexed from google and now what ? Many freelancers as webmasters have problem with this.
So we can start to solve problem :
1) Step one : Check did you really de indexed from google or your site just become low ranked site.
Type in google search : site:www.yoursite….com
If there are is no pages in google index – your site is de indexed.
Google Penalty Reasons :
1) Your site is de-indexed because google automatic algorithm.
Here you can see video about manually and google algorithmic penalty from Google spam team leader – matt cutts :
Now when we see that site is really removed from google index we can start to remove problem by problem :
2) Open Google Webmasters account :
On this link you can open Google webmasters Account and you can check several things :
– are there any problem with “Crawler access” (option in Site Configuration) ?
– Do you have indexed URL-s in section Sitemaps ?
– Did you by mistake moved your site to another location – section Change of address ?
– Do you have malware in section Diagnostics ?
– Do you have problem with Crawl errors in Diagnostics section (all your URL-s can be crawled) ?
This problems are rare. Except Malware problems (your website is hacked) other problems are rare because Webmasters today very easy create robots txt file and use CMS softwares for publishing and they have good SEO tools.
Now you need to check some things in your website (to see is your website is hacked) :
1) Check your external URL-s to see are there some outbound links that go from your site to bad neighborhood.
You can use this tool : Link analysis of external and internal links
2) Check do you have some spam on webpage (keyword stuffing, Unnatural text research, Doorway farm).
Use this tool to check : Search engine SPAM detector
3) Check your index.php file and your robots.txt file and .htaccess file to see are there any bad code. See time of last editing (if hacker change code you will see time when he did that) in your ftp software.
.htaccess 03.03.11 – this file is few days ago changed
4) Check your files permissions to see are there some files and folder with 777 permissions and try to correct that.
5) Check your redirection for “non found page”
See video :
Now if your site is Ok and you removed bad code, or remove any other problem, you can write to google mail for Request reconsideration of your site..
In this mail you should write only things which you find out and you correct on site. Afther 10-14 days you will get respond.
If you get this :
“Dear site owner or webmaster of http://www.yoursite……,
We received a request from a site owner to reconsider http://www.yoursite….. for compliance with Google’s Webmaster Guidelines.
We’ve reviewed your site and we believe that some or all of your pages still violate our quality guidelines.
In order to preserve the quality of our search engine, pages from http://www.yoursite…. may not appear or may not rank as highly in Google’s search results, or may otherwise be considered to be less trustworthy than sites which follow the quality guidelines.
If you wish to be reconsidered again, please correct or remove all pages that are outside our quality guidelines. When such changes have been made, please visit https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/reconsideration?hl=en and resubmit your site for reconsideration.
If you have additional questions about how to resolve this issue, please see our Webmaster Help Forum for support.
Google Search Quality Team ”
If you see that everything is fine, and you don’t see any technical problem your site is manually penalized and de indexed from google search engine because your site violate Google quality guidelines.
Now what :
1) You need to check do you have Hidden text or links on any webpage. See your html code.
2) You need to check do you have on website Misleading or repeated words – auto generated Misleading words.
3) Do you have pages where title and descrption talk about one thing and content is something different – Page does not match Google’s description ?
4) Do you have Cloaked page ?
5) Do you have Deceptive redirects ?
6) Do you have Doorway pages ?
7) Go to copyscape, pick option batch URL-s and scan whole site. Try to find Duplicate site or pages – non unique content. Remove non unique content as some products, auto generate texts etc.
8) Check do you have several page of the same page
Now before you write another reconsideration you need to know this :
Example how will look one good reconsideration when webmasters found keywords stuffing on website :
And the last video is common answer : Why aren’t penalized sites notified in Webmaster Tools?
See video about this:
Please if you have some experience with Google de indexing please write comment here and tell us.
Thank you !