If you are one of the many jobs seekers, then you must know how to make a good and impressive resume. You should understand that your resume should be good enough to present your various skills and experience. Of course, with the job applicant numbers rising, it is not always easy to create a resume that will land you on the shortlisted applicants. Here are some tips to consider if you want a resume that is not only impressive and aptly descriptive of your qualities but also one that can certainly bring you to the yes file of the hiring company.
1. It is important that you use generic fonts at 12 point font size. It can be quite frustrating for a recruiter to still need to increase the font size of your resume text just so he can read it. Using a generic font at 12 point size can allow easy reading, thus, can encourage the recruiter to put you into the yes file.
2. Use Word or PDF document saving. Do not even imagine saving your resume or your cover letter in other files like RTF or CSV files. Believe it or not, there are many recruiters who come across resumes that are saved in these not so common file formats. This can prove to be dangerous because some companies have policies that they can only open PDF or word documents.
3. Create a resume that can be easily scanned. Since recruiters receive hundreds of resumes a week, it is best that you create a resume that can be easily viewed and scanned. That way the recruiter can easily look at the best points and include you in the yes file.
4. Use appropriate keywords. Believe it or not, keywords matter not just in web content but also in creating your resume. If you need to do some research just to replace a very common word, then do so. Rest assured that with the right wording for your job application resume, you can make a better impression on the recruiting manager. Of course, also avoid words that are too out of this world or too huge as they can be equally unimpressive.
5. It is also advisable to provide a little background on companies which are not so popular. For example, if you have work experience with a company that is not really well known, then it can help a bit if you provide a context for that company so your employer will have an idea of its relevance.
By carefully creating a resume, you can have better chances in making yourself noticed and being shortlisted for an interview. Keep in mind that creating an impressive resume is worth the effort since it can mean landing a job that you want.