Start working as a freelance designer is not easy. You must learn to organize and otherwise manage your customers well. Here are collected some good advice to apply to different aspects of your business as a designer.
RELATIONSHIP WITH THE CLIENT:
Customers are the most important part of your career as a freelance. Without them there is no money or items in your portfolio. Knowing this, you need is to be armed with a solid knowledge of the relationship with customers to find new customers and keep the ones you already have.
– Do not undersell.
– Explain the process in the simplest terms you can.
– Your customer is not always right and is okay to disagree from time to time. Yes, always with respect.
– Provides a quality service for your customers.
– If a customer is angry with you, do not respond immediately, date a few minutes to cool the case.
– Create a contract and get your customers to comply.
– Try to get long-term customers.
– Behave always a great professional.
THE DESIGN PROCESS:
We all have different ways of approaching the design process. Some go directly to your computer and start with a pencil. Either way, it is important to recall some aspects while designing:
– Always the first paper outlining ideas before putting them into the monitor.
– Research the target audience before you start your client.
– Think about the user and not on yourself while you design.
– Look for inspiration from outside sources rather than design galleries.
PROJECT TIME MANAGEMENT:
Time and project management are two keys to work effectively. We must face the fact that you can receive multiple projects at once. If you lack good time management, and the burden will thus lack effectiveness.
– Learn to prioritize and work on what is most important first.
– No search ramblings and concentration methods ..
– Find a project management application that you like and use it.
– Use to-do lists.
– Hire other designers if you’re too busy.
Many designers think they can ignore the marketing of their brand, but can not. To reach potential customers, you need to make you see and show your work constantly. Here are some marketing tips for freelance designers:
– Create an effective speech.
– Use the benefits of social media.
– Promote your brand, both locally and globally.
– Create business cards and give it every chance I get.
– Research your audience and use their channels.
And … TO END:
– Create a portfolio diverse and versatile.
– Learn from your mistakes and move on.
– Do not accept every project you’re offered.
– Learn from criticism.
– Stay away from the computer and walk. Let your ideas walk.
– Practice a sport. Your mind is oxygenated.