Last week I read an article that spoke of the Labor Rehabilitation Centers (CRL), of your smooth functioning and success you are having, so it inspired me to writing this post.
It promises to be a long post, I will divide it into two parts. This week I will talk about what these centers are, what their goals and who are directed, and next week I will focus on counting the experiences of different people who have gone through these centers.
I must say that until very recently, there was never heard from the Centers for Rehabilitation Education (CRL), but knew of its existence when I found something really interesting.
These centers have a team composed of multi-specific: director, psychologists, occupational therapists, teachers of sizes, technical support for the labor and administrative assistant.
Objectives of the CRL
1. Encourage the recovery or acquisition of knowledge, habits and social skills for users to access and properly handled in the workplace. This objective is achieved through pre-employment workshops are versatile, which are a prerequisite for assessment and intervention.
2. Initiate and / or improve the formative career for each user according to their interests and characteristics.
3. To enable and support the job , either in sheltered employment (Special Employment Centers) or in regular employment (Self, ordinary companies, etc.).
4. Offering the monitoring and support each user who needs to ensure its maintenance in the working world.
5. Act intermediaries between users and companies, associations or other agencies that can provide jobs for the users.
Users to target the CRL
– People with severe mental illness and chronic .
– Being in working age .
– Being being cared for by the Mental Health Service reference.
– Not be in a psychopathological situation is not controlled active .
– Not have any legal impediment that precludes its job.
– Have an adequate level of personal autonomy and social .
– Present motivation to perform a job.
Something very positive of these is the CRL “confidence” that generates entrepreneurs to hire these people. Why ?
By all is well known that people with mental disabilities are the most difficulties have to be hired, in part due to prejudices and biases that appear in the media (for example, no one is surprised to read or See where the bad news is a person with mental illness, and this makes people think things are not true, but the reality is that a person with mental disabilities and controlled with medication can be as “normal” as any other ).
But returning to the subject, since users of the CRL are people who have controlled his mental illness through the Mental Health Services , this means that employers have guarantees the recruitment of such people, that is, before two people with mental disabilities (one that still do not know whether or not treatment and the other is a user of a CRL) is clear that employers will opt for the latter. < >
Image Source: CERELADI