MarketPress was created for a simple, but a solid and flexible base for a store powered by WordPress.
It is the pioneering WordPress ecommerce plugin that has been designed in a comprehensive manner to enable flawless integration with BuddyPress and WP Multisite.
A major effort has been input towards building exhaustive but still simple Shipping and Payment Gateway plugin APIs and also towards highly vigorous themeing support using its widely accepted template tags.
Additionally, taxonomies and custom post types of WP 3.0 have been extensively used. Therefore, space-occupying custom tables are not created for each and every blog that can fill up your database like other shop plugins.
Make More Money using Multisite and MarketPress Combined.
The best method to make money with WordPress is to use it to sell your products. And, MarketPress is designed to accomplish this with dexterity on a WordPress website that is single user. MarketPress is created in such a way that it lets you to build a network of stores with Multisite, and you can expect to find your profit from your site soaring exponentially. The follows ways can be used to achieve this:
• Allow specific store themes for Pro blogs
• Allow stores for just Pro blogs
• Allow specific gateways for Pro blogs
• Use the superior Adaptive Payments Gateway, and collect a fixed percentage fee from all the store sales carried out on your network, which is entirely automated and undetectable to store customers. Additionally, use a different gateway to let Pro blogs opt out.
Imagine operating your own network of stores using WordPress ecommerce, like Shopify and Etsy and making profits by through collection of a percentage of each sale. Create a Multisite network for an infinite number of stores and you would be generating huge income as and when they keep selling their products. When your Multisite users would be doing all the work, you can sit back and make the profits. Additionally, the users on your network would find it quite easy to create their own store, as they would find that creation of new products is simple like writing an easy post.
• Images/Thumbnails of products using lightbox zooming
• Adding temporary sale prices
• Make products easy to find by assigning tags and categories.
• Link a product with an external link. Additionally, you may turn-off the checkout elements and channel the list plugin through MarketPress that will generate revenue through affiliate commissions on websites like E-junkie, ClickBank and Amazon Affiliate.
• Order Alerts/Management
• Stock tracking using alerts
• Complete support for major currencies
• Completely customizable email messages
• Flexible options for tax/VAT
• Complete discount/coupon support. Creation of coupon codes for marginal or percentage off along with the control and tracking of usage range, date and the maximum number of uses.
• Non-users can also checkout
• As many as three in-built css themes that work within the theme of your website. It is easy to add a new theme.
• Completely customizable store slugs or URLs
• Larger number of features as compared to other WordPress ecommerce plugin.
• Customers can track order status at the front end. Old orders stored in user meta or a cookie.
• Up to four payment gateways – Authorize.net, PayPal Chained Payments, PayPal Express Checkout and 2CO.
Please download plugin here :
Promote Your Products
Use Powerful Widgets like:
• Shopping Cart – Displays shopping cart items and a checkout button for the MarketPress store. Entirely based upon AJAX – an item added instantly displays in the cart.
• Product Tag Cloud – The most used product tags in your MarketPress store in cloud format.
• Product List – This is a great widget. It displays the products list from your MarketPress store. The list is easily customizable, allowing you to create multiple widgets using complete preferences, such as num products, order by and more. You can also display details as per your choice, like excerpt, product image, buy now button, price and more.
• Product Categories List – Shows an HTML list of different product categories
• Product Tag Cloud – Shows a list or cloud of your product tags
• Product Categories Dropdown – Show HTML dropdown of different product categories
• Products List – Shows products list as per choice
• Popular Products List – Shows popular products lists as ordered for sales
• Store Navigation List – Insert an instant navigation menu on your site, which can link to store pages
• Store Links – Various shortcodes to show links to different store pages
Once an installation is made on WordPress Multisite all the products, categories and tags from the entire network get indexed globally. Then, they are shown on your main blog/site, marketplace pages or with the following global shortcodes or widgets:
• Global Product List – Displays a global products list from across the network of MarketPress stores. This list is customizable.
• Global Product Category List – An HTML product category list from across the network of MarketPress stores is displayed.
• Global Product Tag Cloud – The most used product tags are displayed in cloud format from across the network of MarketPress stores.
Robust Themeing Support
Check the documents from the Presentation settings page. You will find it quite easy to add a css theme and alter it as per your requirement. And, once it is dropped in the correct folder, it displays in the theme list across all the sites on the network.
Contrary to other WordPress ecommerce plugins, you are not required to fall short on anything when your objective is to develop a beautiful-looking site.
You can certainly chose ‘No Theme’ and add the css in the css files of your theme. You can also find a descriptive readme.txt file that guides you to create entirely custom page templates for all the pages of the store. The templating system used is the same as for WordPress, allowing you to display your store in the same way as you want it.
MarketPress was developed bottom up to remain a highly flexible framework. You can find easy-to-use completely-documented plugin APIs that allow you to add your own Payment Gateway or Shipping modules that are customizable. Other WordPress e-commerce plugin will only restrict you with their features. You need to know that it is an easy task for just any developer to develop a Shipping or Payment Gateway plugin by neglecting the accepted standards that are followed by MarketPress. All you need to do is drop it in the proper plugin folders and they can be seen in the admin interface.
Since this plugin continues to be in the developmental stage, one can expect to find new and far-reaching features coming up. These can include:
• BuddyPress profile incorporation
• More shipping plugins like UPS, Fedex and more
• Digital product/file download support
• Affiliate plugin incorporation
• More payment gateways