There are many advantages of being freelance, but there are also some disadvantages. One of the bad things is that if you are not ordered, you will most likely not get very far. It is important to follow a set of guidelines that allow us to have our work organized. Post some tips that I think helps a lot. Source: Graphic Design Blog.
1. Perform a Data Base: We all know the importance of a good database for marketing. As an example we can see how much we charge a client in particular (remember that each client has its own specifications), if we go back to work with him. So you should put as much data as possible, I would say that these are the most important include:
Company, Contact name, phone, address, work performed, Date, Price, Remarks.
2. Control of work: These data are important for the accounts receivable must know how to make ends meet, etc.. Here’s an example:
3. E-mail expert: It’s good to have an email only for work and another for personal matters of organization, not more.
4. Design Brief: Have a plan and made brief to save time. Here are two examples:
Design Brief (in English)
5. In addition you must have an invoice and contract models. Here I will not expand, because the rules change according to country and type of work. You can see a sample contract here and a sample invoice here (in English).
6. Organize your tasks. For this there is plenty of programs like that comes with the suite of Office 2007 and Remember the milk that is online, among others.
I hope you serve something, and if you have any other recommendations made in the comments.