Resume and initiate contact with people from your work area can help you find a new job analysts Learn tips to capitalize on the socialization face to face or virtual. Nearly four in 10 youths in the country seeking work through friends, according to the Instituto Mexicano de la Juventud. Locate a job opportunity through social networking is not new, but now more than in other years, could become a valuable source of search.
That seems to be happening in Germany, where speed dating has become the new way to ‘monitor’ options work. This is a speed-dating service-organized by an employment agency in the city of Kiel, in which candidates and recruiters talk for a while and there is exchange of curriculums. Very much like the already released “matchmaking meetings, where several people hold talks timed in order to see who related accomplishments.
But that is not the only country interested in taking up this tool. According to information from the signature Speed Networking, established in Chicago in Madrid some agencies have started to use this resource in the workplace and in order to realize business among small and medium enterprises (SMEs). An example of such use, commercial meetings are conducted ProMéxico (Mexican federal government agency) between buyers and SMEs.
Clearly, making contacts and ‘feeding that back’ is a trend that is gaining momentum, if it comes to getting a job.
“At all times you can see with a friend or meet someone at a party and talk to him a few minutes. That represents an opportunity to convey the message ‘I am looking for work.” Why resort to friends only when I need a garage • If there can start a very important social network, “says Rafael Juan, commercial manager of HR Net, a company specializing in personnel management.
The respondent acknowledges that although Mexico has yet to formally operate the speed dating, an analogy of this, and to which you can put to great use, are social networks and technological face can be set to display your work situation, ” monitor trends and identify market opportunities. ”
It is true that “issues such as training and sign a Job can help you see options but is a reality that labor supply often comes from friends. In countries like Spain, about 75% of people get work in this way, and in Mexico many times have we heard the phrase ‘I came here for a contact’ “says Victor del Rosal, coach and author of Wealth Code.
Planning a dating or, rather, an appointment to find out about new options does not mean taking the phone and talk to your friend from elementary school, who-out of the blue, “I let go of your CV. You should plan for this strategy and consulted experts recommend:
1. Firsthand. Start with the inner circle, take a time to review your schedule, and locate friends and acquaintances who by their profession or job vacancies might know, or avistarte of others who are ‘well’ located at the turn of your interest. In all cases, but especially from someone I have not seen for a long time, it must be called, sounding a bit your situation and then propose to meet, suggests Rafael Juan.
2. He took the opportunity. “There is always a knowledge of knowledge that can recommend. Therefore, when attending any event is to identify a person that is linked to your job profile.
For example, a wedding, “although it might not be the best chance, maybe you feel with someone who does not have much time to see. Destina few minutes to ask where that person is working now, his opinion on the situation in which you are, and what qualities she asked to go to that organization. The important thing is to locate employment trends and tips, “the HR representative Net
3. Be clear. Already in the conversation, be explicit about the job you want and why. Avoid ‘big’ speeches about what you dislike about your current job, or how bad you left the last thing you had (if it was a bad experience). Best took the conversation to talk about the positive experiences you have acquired and skills developed, experts agree.
4. Notes. Keep track of the calls you make, how many of those meetings resulted in interesting data and what gave you, example: “I learned that this company is enrolled in a certain area, why not find out there.” If you were given a new ‘name’ send that person an email or call her to make contact potential.
5. Diversifícate. Have you met with potential contacts and no offer in sight? It gives a twist to your network and looking to move in nuclei where it coexists with people who may later acquire the connotation of ‘key’. Courses, conferences, job fairs, celebrations of the ‘friend’s friend’, are an alternative. That yes, you find that in the event to attend, the profile of those attending matches at some point with the job offers you want to get.
6. Strap on your network. “If you get fired, learn to make contacts in social networks,” said Robert Scoble, famed video blogger and co-author of the book Naked Conversations: How Blogs are Changing the Way Businesses Talk with Costumers. Start by notifying your contacts that are looking for work and what type, and that this information be extended to his friends. In this case also registers with whom you have been in contact and which of those virtual tours can be converted into a meeting.
7. More Internet. If you have a blog-indica Scoble, includes articles about your professional specialty. Say goodbye to the notes and pictures of any personal situation is irrelevant to your new objective.
Since you’re online, check if any company of your interest is on Facebook or Twitter and join her, as well as groups that are related to your current job search.