Unemployment in World reported its worst-case scenario in the last 14 years, so if you’re in search of work must focus on highlighting your best abilities.
If your post still preserved, it is necessary to bring out the strength to not be one of the 2.3 million people are unemployed, according to the latest report by the National Institute of Geography and Statistics (INEGI).
Given the employment problems that exist in the country, many people are considering alternatives in different areas of opportunity, which might not be as straightforward, several experts agree.
Here are some tips to keep your job, though it seems an impossible mission:
1. If your industry is the hardest hit, such as manufacturing or tourism, a change of scenery seems the most reasonable. However, before making a hasty decision points out that finding a job is a job itself. “Finding a job requires a particular strategy that includes objectives in the medium and long-term specific steps, so that if the change is the result of the current context, will hardly be necessary to search for weapons now,” said Director of Marketing OCCMundial.com, Edgar Arreola.
2. The overall picture is not flattering, so if you have a secure job, but at this point there is work overload, you must take care to preserve it. Most sectors show a downward trend, we must not overlook the training, but better prepare for when opening new opportunities, says consultant at Talent Management at the Autonomous University of Mexico (UAM), Carlos Aguilar.
3. If you feel your job is in danger or your area may disappear within the company you work for a strategy to keep them there is cross-training, is to acquire skills that other activity related to your job / function. This flexibility allows you to create a support and reinsertarte in the organization. “This function is being used by companies to fire people and is not an option to retain human capital,” adds the CEO says Hewitt Mexico, Rosa Maria Farell.
4. Even if you have much experience, you should never ignore proactive training and employment. A Manpower survey indicates that currently, and because the structures of organizations are flat, they hope to obtain greater benefits with a reduced workforce. If this is the case for your workplace, you better be sure one of the elect.
5. Some work patterns, such as offshoring (recruitment of remote services) allow you to offer your work through external suppliers, so if you were recently laid off, you can find companies offering this modality. This opportunity is more viable for manufacturing jobs and functions related to transactions and customer service, according to Mercer and Manpower.
6. Watch your productivity level, make a pit stop and ask yourself why they hired me? Responds and focus on analyzing your ‘productivity in relation to the mission for which you were hired. To the extent that it complies with this provision, you can secure a better job, advises the CEO of Bumeran.com Mexico, Matthew Stables.
7. Be a good employee, “We define as the sum of knowledge about the attitudes,” said Stables. To achieve this balance must focus on adding to your skills, qualifications and experience teamwork and willingness to learn, that is, purposeful.
8. Strengthen your weaknesses, contrary to what people think, they can be a great partner if you can exploit them. “Fill your deficiencies through self-employment and the company sent the message that you are a valuable and important to preserve,” said Rosa Maria Farell. For example, if you have trouble relating to others, begins to proactively participate in working meetings and exchange ideas, integrates into other areas and creates projects, the key is that you make your presence felt in a purposeful way.
9. In the past, heard that ‘future generations’ would have several careers during their working lives. This concern you directly, so you need to visualize that the skills with which they enter the labor market are not enough. “Skills development is essential not to become obsolete, we must decide to take every opportunity available for training and retraining,” advises the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Technology Development in Santa Fe, Eduardo Lazarín.
10. Innova, if you just always do only what your contract states, you will get poor results. It is difficult to give an extra, but at present it is necessary to avoid becoming a victim of the cut. The relationship with your boss is very important for future promotions and as contact for new jobs: for advice, make suggestions, shows commitment, meet at least once a month to discuss what has been achieved and what you come up with new proposals.
11. If nevertheless, you decided to change their area, remember that you have experience in a post does not mean a lack of skills. Arturo Rosales, Monster recruitment bag, make sure your first task is to know which sector they want to emigrate, to analyze what are the strengths and knowledge of their own that you excel in interviews, and that matches the job profile you’d like enter, for example, if you have as a strength of creativity, negotiation skills or management skills, take charge of this is well established in your resume or job interview.