What new freelancers should know about proper behavior at work ?
Each fall, thousands of new graduates entering the working world. Although each company has its rules and protocol, it must be borne in mind that all sites personal habits affect the professional image projected to each. Monster.es, a leading job portal in the world, gives the keys to impress colleagues.
“Start working life is really exciting for recent graduates, and the feeling of having achieved an important goal,” said Covadonga Soto, Marketing Director Monster.es. “However, it is important to remember that even the smallest details, from how to dress to choose a screen saver that will affect the perception given to the new colleagues.”
1. The screen saver. Choose a neutral and simple screen saver. If you opt for your favorite cartoon or pictures with friends in revelry as a screen saver will be more difficult to convince your peers that you are a serious and professional.
2. Punctuality. Do not let being late to work will become something normal, may give the impression that they do not you take your work seriously. Always comes to the set time, and if you see that for some reason you arrive late, do not forget to notify your supervisor by phone.
3. Mobile. Leave your phone in silent or vibrate mode, especially while you’re together or if the tone is the song of the summer. Limit your personal calls and sms, and tries to leave time for your rest. Never answer a call or sms while staff met, either with your or a client.
4. Chat. Before installing a messenger service, confirm whether their use is allowed. If so, keep your personal and professional contacts in two separate lists to avoid errors uncomfortable.
5. Music. Before putting music, ask your boss if permitted. If it is, always use headphones with the volume low so as not to disturb others. And never download music to computer work.
6. Food and tupperware. More and more people who bring food to work or even eat at their desks. Keep in mind what you eat, some dishes smell more than others, so think of those sitting around you at the time of filling the Tupper.
7. Grooming. We know the importance of giving a good impression, but do not forget the rest. Hand cream, cocoa and candy lips are acceptable for use on your table. Lacquer, paint nails, perfumes and colognes should only be used in the service.
8. Customize your table. Decorate the desk makes a site more friendly and personal, but your neighbor may cause the plant is more trouble than pleasure. Plants such as ferns and orchids not usually cause allergies, but remember to look after them well. To no one likes a dead plant!
9. Resources and training. Employees appreciate companies and entrepreneurs with initiative. If you have books and journals relevant to your work and that might be of interest to your classmates, take her. Do not forget that magazines do not have heart!
10. Visits. Where to stay with friends for lunch, you ask them to wait outside or in the lobby so as not to disturb your classmates.