This step is one of the most neglected by the vast majority of candidates, because they care more about how to get dressed and how to behave in the interview, what to say and what not, disregarding the previous training to be started for the only opportunity to demonstrate that they are the best candidates are not getting out of hand.
Prepare and avoids the 10 errors before the interview. Do not waste the great opportunity, the only one to get the job you both want or need.
It is not just being optimistic. Get ready! Competition more than ever is very strong.
Before I tell you how to achieve Goal 2, you must never forget:
a) A job interview is not an event or other is an assessment of yourself and your skills, knowledge, talent and benefits offered to the company. For several minutes the spotlight will be on you, so it is best that you spend time with your previous training. No athlete, no matter how good you are, you win a competition without preparing hard before. You will face candidates with more experience and knowledge than you. Remember Vince Lombardi’s philosophy, the renowned football coach: “Winning is not the most important. That’s all!”
b) The sale of oneself in the job search is not won against the recruiter, but in researching and preparing for the interview day.
The 10 errors before the job interview:
1) Do not investigate and learn the business.
In my experience as a sales consultant there Image and reality:
Only 1 out of 5 candidates investigates key information about the company to which you are applying. Unable to persuade and influence anyone if not previously known. Remember that this is not where either hire you or the company and yourself losing out.
You know your mission, vision, values or goals is what challenges the organization in the area you want to enter. That is, if the vacancy is in the finance area should investigate the best possible information and make it a fortress for you. Meet your major customers and why they are loyal to the organization. What she recognized in order to remain your customers?
2) Do not know in depth the profile of the vacancy and what is expected of the aspirant. Want to be hired? Do not forget the position and profile!
You sent so many resumes that you forget what was the profile of the vacancy of the company that wants to interview you. Failure. You must have a blog with business and vacancies to which you have nominated and note also the profile of the vacancy. It is suicide to answer “Do not know” or “I agree” if the recruiter asks you “What do you know about the vacancy and the profile needed?
3) Do not know better than anyone your CV. Unforgivable failure! No vendor product unknown or forgotten at the time of submission to client benefits. If your answers do not match the information that says your CV hardly spend the second stage of recruitment.
Memorize very well the times when featured on every job you’ve had. Many executives at the time to respond on time, make mistakes and cause the recruiter perceives are not honest.
4) Do not make a list of common questions that the recruiter will make.
Looking at the situation of the recruiter, which seeks the best candidate and should thoroughly evaluate you at the interview to avoid mistakes. A mistake on their part means a great risk for the company. Some of the most common questions are: How many years of experience?, Why you decided to terminate the employment relationship with the companies you worked?, Why are you looking for a new job? (If you’re currently working on), what are your main strengths and weaknesses?, How you see yourself in 5 and 10 years?, Why you want to work for this company?, Why should I hire you?, Between many more.
5) Do not define clearly the benefits you offer the company to hire you. Forget about being humble!. Nobody will hire you because you are good people and see that you are much needed to get work. The companies will hire you for his own benefit. Make a list of all the benefits you offer as a professional company if you hire them.
6) Do not prepare the questions that will make you to the recruiter.
Too often when the recruiter asks the interviewee.
“Do you have any questions?” The answer “No” is a grave mistake. Do not forget that the company is interested in you and you deserve to know what you offer and if you should become part of your team. Question: How many stages will make up the selection process?, How long, What benefits the company offers its workers, What professional growth plan exists in the company?, When should I start to work if I’m hired?, among others.
7) Do not know the name of your interviewer.
It is proven that the power of influence of any person increases when it goes to the other by name. Researching the name of the recruiter when they call for the interview.
8) Do not know the latest news from the industry in which the company is immersed.
Documéntate on the latest industry news, which will help break the ice along the entire conversation. So you’re really interested communicate and demonstrate that you know very well to the company, which builds confidence in the recruiter.
9) Do not investigate the address where they will conduct the interview, or calculate the time of arrival. Do not be late! The lateness talk about your habits and if you were late to the first appointment the recruiter will be perceived as an irresponsible person and uncommitted. The first impression is the most important and represents the starting point for the interview.
10) Do not have a staff presentation summarizing vendor: Who are you, what experience?, What’s your major?, What kind of company you want to work, and what benefits does the company hire you? Be guided with the headline you put on your CV.
Here the most important thing is not knowing by heart but to say it without getting nervous. Try this verbal presentation so again and again. Only in this way when the recruiter tell you in person to feel and appear sure of yourself. Ensuring credibility it badly needs.
There are workshops for learning to sell in a job interview, which you can use.