For this objective to a successful conclusion we must value the different formulations of existing learning (language immersion program, masters-face and on-line lessons, grammar, etc..) Depending on the level, needs and goals of each student. This is a good decalogue about it:
1. Learning English takes time and effort. As a preliminary step before enrolling, ask yourself if you are able to dedicate to English during a full course.
2. Calculate either the time available. It is therefore advisable to set a realistic timetable and moved to the center of teaching, so that it can design a flexible schedule and appropriate to our capabilities.
3. Knowing exactly what your level of English. To do this, nothing better than a level test conducted by the school itself where the course, with the aim of that faculty know what your starting point.
4. Knowing what skills you have mastered better and what are the areas that need further strengthening: oral or written comprehension, vocabulary, conversation …
5. Find out what type of student you are and what kind of teaching will be more effective (the visual, auditory …).
6. Forget the previous attempts. It is likely that previous attempts failed because the circumstances they were or were not appropriate methodology. Start from scratch and think your good attitude is key to achieving your goal.
7. Ask your teacher for continuous advice. It is essential to resolve any questions that arise, however insignificant it may seem, as they may understand the basis for future concepts.
8. Be patient and do not despair if you miss the beginning and not 100% understand your teacher when you speak in another language. It takes some time to acclimatize to their accents, their rate of speech, etc..
9. Exploiting the possibilities offered by Internet to customize your ear to get used to different accents and read English. More than English offered through your website small pills with his EnglishTV and free English section.
10. Express shame to lose another language whenever possible. Do not you speak to your teacher in a language other than English, even after hours of class as well as your fellow native language. Even you can be to implement what you have learned. Social English is undoubtedly one of the most effective ways to correct itself and become more fluent and to overcome the psychological barrier forever.