Search Engine Optimization is a more important issue after having a web site operating. A lot of the visits are coming from search engines, and be in first or second page may differ in hundreds (or thousands) of views.
As the first point, which then provides data future is very interesting to do some “measurements” and let them registered with the date, then make some improvements, modifications and optimizations can compare results and see if we improve and how the incidence of various factors.
So if you have not yet set up Analytics to your site, is a good time to do it and have it, I suggest you create an Excel file and set the date today for some interesting facts such as:
* Number of visits.
* Number of prints.
* Time on Site.
* Position in Google (or others) under two or three of your main target keywords or phrases.
Then you go to update that file, for example, every week. Record the results (positive or negative) and takes actions based on those data.
Let us see now some practical tips to improve positioning, you can easily implement to improve your search engine positioning:
* Try to set different title and description for each page of your site.
* Use semantic HTML, if you have not already done, use a <h1> for the title of your website, a <h2> for <h3> for titles and captions of sections or content.
* Hand in hand with the above is advisable to use bold and italics <strong> <em> to highlight certain phrases or keywords of the content (and your website).
* Worry about having good anchors on the links and give you an chord and descriptive title. It is always better link “download antivirus” in “download here”.
* If you use flash, try to have a version of the content (or at least browsing) alternative for users that do not display the flash as for robots, which although little by little become able to read data in flash, never is as good as pure HTML.
* It’s much better to face positioning using friendly urls. For example better positions sitioweb.com / article / Technical-seo / that sitioweb.com? ARTICLE_ID = 1542
* In relation to the URLs we discussed above, it is better to separate the words with dashes (-) not to separate or separate them with subindents (_) as many bots can interpret this as a word never privately.
* It is important not to use practices “penalized” as hidden text, deceptive links, or spam in forums or comments, since they are detected is likely to end up penalized.
* It is better to get natural links, create original content and good quality.
* Sitemaps (or site index) to help search engines index all the pages of a website, it is advisable to have one.
* In blogs or websites content is very important to think through the titles and urls of content, a good exercise is to think “as it is sought” a term. It is often more effective example an article entitled “How to improve vision” than another ‘How to improve our vision. ”
I dare say that implementing all these tips (or at least a good part of them) you will notice an increase in visits to your website or blog in the coming weeks or months. Remember that search engine optimization results are not immediate, but working daily to improve obtain excellent long-term)