See some good tips that are perfect for freelancers, entrepreneurs, or simply working from home, you have surely heard or read many times about the discipline it takes to not distract you from what is really important .
1. Keep regular business hours, get up, bathe, dress, eat breakfast and then calmly working.
2. Disable all IM one.
3. Be realistic but optimistic.
4. Always get at least 25% in advance.
5. Stop using acronyms, PHP, ASP, SQL, HTML has no meaning for the customer.
6. Get ready for being alone.
7. Do not smoke or eat at your desk.
8. Prepare for failure.
9. Organize your communications, do not use the MSN client, have a separate phone line for your work and call before you call.
10. Accept the bad attitude of the rest.
11. Plan ahead.
12. Is stingy, spend on what is really necessary.
13. Do not rest in front of the PC.
14. Aíslate of video games, if possible put them on another computer or buy a console.
15. Get organized, using tools that will allow it.
16. Have a disaster recovery plan near potential.
17. Do not wear headphones.
18. Apply ergonomics at your desk, you can start with good recommendations.
19. Separate development research.
20. Do not be afraid to invest in software.
21. Do not outsource everything.
22. Make SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Threats, Strengths and Opportunities) from time to time
23. Stop reading lists tips for freelancers or articles on Getting Things Done.
Generally good reviews, although I have recommended before using headphones to situations in which the music world isolates you and lets you work without distractions, I also believe that they forget one important point: Do not cut corners on tools. As comfortable as your business tool, the result will be better and in less time. That sometimes means spending a little more on a laptop or buy a chair expensive but worth it completely.