Of all the resources needed for a project, the team is the most difficult to manage. If you are motivated, the team may face a daunting task without breaking a sweat or complain. But when we have problems with motivation, we need to adjust the course of time before we sink the ship.
The motivation is an art. We can apply a rule of thumb, the motivation is to show appreciation and give rewards to the team, but be careful! every incentive works differently for different people.
1. Always start with yourself, to motivate others should be motivated and be noticed in all situations. As a leader you are, if you show the energy and security team will follow you trust and believe.
2. Always share the information you have about the project, the team must endorse the project and know the circumstances surrounding it and its limitations, this can also lead the team to take initiatives to make suggestions on ways to improve the project.
3. When faced with a problem related to the project, the team is our greatest asset. We can also take the opportunity to motivate people to share problems with your computer. It promotes participation for ideas and alternative ways out of trouble. Once they feel that the leader of the team also is easier to take them to meet the challenges of the project.
4. Discipline is important, but we must endeavor to maintain a friendly environment. People usually work better if you do not feel the breath of the head in his neck. The dates and commitments should be a challenge, so the team is proud of achieving them, rather they are an obligation to cause arguments if not satisfied.
5. The projects are divided into phases, a good project manager motivates his team to identify project milestones, you can usually prepare a special celebration to achieve the milestones on time. Plan your work parties prepare them ahead of time or within working hours. So you can enjoy the entire team instead of worrying about other commitments.
6. You should always show appreciation for the members of his team, even small tasks must be completed with at least one through, people can do more to seek such recognition. When contacting humble, choose words carefully, we use more than me.
7. During the evaluation the principle is not trying to blame anyone, as this can generate an atmosphere of distrust. For a good environment to be understood that it is an accomplishment of team or equipment failure.
8. Giving positive feedback; mention that is what was done correctly, deficiencies and how the team can do better. Be part of the team when it comes to responsibility for failure and feedback always end on a positive note.
9. Everybody eats, go to dinner with a team member, talk of trivial matters including some related to work and enjoy the time together will be a free meal for them and time well spent for you, because ultimately they are working on a relationship, there are new ideas and a partner will know that is valued.
10. Listening to his staff; give them space from time to time, and in listening esmérate. This should be a ritual for their perspectives. You can get fresh ideas to help improve policies and benefit the project.
11. When a team member will expose a problem in their analysis is positive, try to find a final solution for this return to work on it. Even considered arremangarte sleeves to help carry out the solution. This is to gain respect with actions and not words.
12. Always support your team, give them confidence and give them opportunity to earn your trust. It is imperative that rely on that support if they are in trouble.
13. Not everyone can carry out all work. As a leader it is up to you to choose the right person for the right job. Although a member unconvinced face a new task could win a lot of confidence to successfully complete the objective. The moral impact is huge in case of failure.
14. Eating together is a builder of relationships, having meals together when someone submit some field work. Basically kill two birds with one stone.
15. Allow team creativity, team productivity will increase if given a day where they can test new ideas, provided they have something to do with the project at hand.
16. What makes people work better?, Bring into play some monetary rewards may even be emotional or personal. If you can instill a sense of ownership and belonging in the team, take the goals of the project and personal goals, if achieved not have to worry about the result, because people will always do their best.
17. Consider the fun, maybe some free time in a board game or something similar, you can junior team members against veterans and let you enjoy the competition or perhaps work parties to break the ice, this will help to take better responsibilities, to lighten it and share.
18. Animate is valuable both as an individual team for each member. When something goes right must give praise, email to recognize a good idea, a pat on the back for an early delivery or compliments to the team or the management is a great way to show appreciation.
19. When seeking ideas and feedback are usually more timid members tend to be left behind. Give these people the opportunity to come forward and talk, listen carefully and evaluate ideas on their merits. Be sure not to discourage participation rapidly qualifying as a bad idea, this could mean that not more.
20. During an argument, if there is a point that needs clarification, find the time and be sure to ask for clarification. Misunderstandings can lead to large errors and these may be harmful to your team members. Look avoid conflict and resolve situations before they can damage the morale of the team or individuals.
21. Locating the motivators on your computer, there are team members who show great enthusiasm and encourage other members to do the same without saying. Identify them and put a high priority in their professional development.
22. Brainstorming sessions, these sessions can produce well-run large ideas as well as show your employees that are taken into account. To be taken into account goes hand in hand with the acquisition of assigning roles and responsibilities according to their aptitudes and interests.
23. Divide the project into parts, so you can give your employees achievable goals. So give them freedom to do things his way, letting them gain confidence and do his best work.
24. Achieve important goals for the organization must show benefits to the team. They may be economic or packages and benefits like health plans, vacation or something similar.
25. Last but not least, consider Maslow’s pyramid of needs. Not everyone has the same motivation and needs. While some incentive to work can work for a team member, not necessarily going to motivate others. For example, if a member has any financial problem is an increase that motivates him more. But one member think that issue resolved in job security, facilities or other benefits. It is therefore extremely important to know your gear. Create a hierarchy of needs with this you can calculate the best motivation and incentive for its employees.