Webmasters and bloggers wonder why Google is so discriminating when it comes to websites. This article should help answer the SEO factors that get you attention from Yahoo, Google and Bing.
1. Keyword the title tag: This is the one step of informing search engines about your page.
2. Keyword used as external links’ anchor text: other domain’s inbound links which use keywords are essential to SEO.
3. Authority of the domain: Google is interested in domains that have strong presence online and thus considers their articles better than others.
4. Genuinely unique and high-quality content page: the content should be great.
5. Page rank: domains with greater page ranks are considered to posses’ strong presence online.
6. Keyword at the starting of the title tag: it is as simple as placing the keyword within the title tag.
7. A recently created fresh page: since Google strives to provide fresh content old posts fade away from their lists.
8. Keyword the domain name: domains with keywords rank better.
9. Number of outside links to a page: each link earns a point thus more links means better popularity.
10. Keyword anywhere in H1 tag: the heading tag which is really important information should count.
11. Diversify external link’s sources: you should have a lot of links from other sites.
12. Links for social media sources: search engines find content that get shared very important.
13. Keyword as anchor text in internal links: link to a given page using keywords of other pages.
14. A good text vs. html ratio: great content count as it’s what users seek.
15. Keyword as anchor text to outbound links: you should be linking to outside but relevant sites preferably using your keywords.
16. The page rank of the page: this is considered as the numerical interpretation of one’s authority.
17. Keyword used inside the first hundred words of page: the terms and concept that appear first are considered to be the most important.
18. Length of the balance domain registration: this is to avoid spams for they have a short life span for their domains.
19. Keyword the page URL: keywords in permalinks attract search engines attention thus yours should have terms describing your content.
20. Relevance of external sites linked to the page: external links about same topics from other sites have value than random ones.
21. Keyword smaller headlines: e.g. H2-H6. Though being less crucial compared to H1 tag they are still important.
22. Meta description’s existence: Meta description tells search engines what is contained in the site.
23. Keyword as alt text for the image: key phrases that describe an image also earn better listings.
24. Html valid to W3C standards page: search engines favor valid codes.
25. Repeated keywords: repeating a keyword clarifies the content within a page
26. Links to external domains that’s trustworthy: search engines prefer links to reliable and good resources.
27. Keyword within the b and strong tags: words infused within these tags are viewed as more important.
28. Popularity of Internal Link: the importance of a page is illuminated with the number of articles within the same domain that lead to it.
29. Density of the keyword: the frequency of use of a keyword is key within every article.
30. XML sitemap’s presence: search engines prefer provisions of overviews of a site.
Traffic gained from Google, Bing and Yahoo are so important because people who find your domain through them are actually looking for your content. These tips thus when applied will increase your presence in their listings.
Google has more than 200 factors and indicators which influence on your google ranking. This 30 factors are only tips for future webmasters.