How to choose right hosting company or right package ? Look this 5 rules :
1) Calculate what are your needs – how much CPU, bandwidth, space your sites need. You must see in next 1 year what your sites need. Develop site is very often long job. If you publish each day 2 posts – you will have more than 700 posts per year and it is not big number and shared hosting is still for you.
2) Check disk space and bandwidth which hosting companies offer you. Compare prices and make compare prices. Shared hosting is $1-$15 per month and bandwidth and disk space is main reason for price rise. Of course mysql databases are important too but now a lot of hosting companies offer you unlimited mysql databases.
3) Check CPUmemory limit of server – This is the biggest mistake of all webmasters. When webmasters buy VPS (Virtual private server) or Dedicted server you know RAM memory value. But when you buy shared hosting you don’t know does hosting company host 30 or 200 domains, low or high resource spending websites. You must check in direct communication how much CPU memory you can at most spend in some moment. For example : Some web hosting companies will block our site if your site spend 40 Mb of memory or 20 Mb of RAM memory of server. It is 1% or 2% of whole server memory. Some hosting companies will alow you 15 % at pick visiting time.
4) Check hosting company communication – you must check does hosting company has telephone (which works) or great chat communication. Some hosting companies don’t work during weekend and you can lose 2 days because of that. communication is important because help, DNS problems, server problems.
5) Check service price at hosting company – this is very important thing. there are a lot of resellers, lilte hosting companies and people who want to be rich for short time. They take 30% – 200% profit sometimes. You must compare hosting prices.
If you have some example and some comment please write.