Build a website and not promoting it is like putting a sign on the foundations of your house. Just not going to attract anyone. For your website is visited and appreciated, you need to make people know it exists. If your website is very lonely, try these ideas.
1. Use sticky web addresses. Not ready yet to reprint your stationery? Small print labels with your address online by inviting people to visit. Paste them on the envelopes of your correspondence, seminar folders, on the back of your business cards, etc..
2. Put your URL on your print advertising. This increases the efficiency of small ads, and that interested readers can get details of your offers instantly, 24 hours a day. But include your telephone number and address too.
3. Include your URL in answering machine and voice messages. For those who call your office outside the hours of operation, why not spell your Web address in your message, so they can help themselves immediately, getting the information they need on your website?.
4. Use your own message out. Similarly, instead of putting “Rhapsody in Blue” for customers while waiting in line, you can tell if you’re calling for directions, prices, return policy and things like that, can learn about them in your website.
5. Add news content from your site in newsgroups. Whenever you add useful non-promotional content on your website as an archive of “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), please report to newsgroups, forums and mailing lists relevant. This usually not only increases traffic to your Web site, but encourages people to add links to your site.
6. Request links. Visit information sites that are not competitors in your area of business and asks the owners to add links to your site. This works best when your site includes useful information resources rather than strictly promotional material, and if pages a little high you may be charged for putting the link, but it is a very effective way to attract more visitors.
7. Exchange links. Before requesting links, add a section on your site that contains links to related businesses. Then contact the Webmasters of those sites to request a return link. Reciprocity find very often.
8. Start a Newsletter or e-mail newsletter. Many feel that appear in the mailboxes of customers every week or month with updates, schedules, sales prices or news on the industry is even more valuable than the site itself. Somewhere in your newsletter, tell your readers who checked on your site for more information on related topics.
9. Advertise your content. Add something to your website that no one else in your industry have, then sends a press release to industry trade magazines, telling them about your “exclusive” – A top-ten list, The Joke of the Week, etc. .
10. It offers a prize. Advertises a free raffle of anything once a month. Those who sign the guest book at that time – people can re-register every month – are eligible to win.
11. Outdoor ads. Looking to Route 128 in Massachusetts, in a very traditional-looking restaurant, recently was this sign: “pillarhouse.com. This allows them to know their potential customers can make reservations and explore the menu from their computers.
12. Invent alternative domain names. If you get started as cumpleaños.com “and discover that” fiestasinfantiles.com “is available, register it and open it as your own site. That’s what Coca-Cola did when it registered and www.coke.com www.cocacola.com. While shorter and memorable than your domain name, the better.
13. Encourage people to include your site in your favorites. Being the obedient creatures that we humans make an explicit request for inclusion in their libraries, both onsite and in advertising that contains your URL, it increases the chances that people archive your address in your browser to return to visit.
14. Add a signature file. At the end of every e-mail you send, make an append to a file containing your contact information and a line about what’s new on your site. Change the line “what’s new” often to entice previous visitors to take another look.
15. Offers free classifieds. A search on Yahoo! resulted in more than 600 websites that offer free classifieds, sorted by region and some other specific topic – bicycle spare parts, computers and more. It offers room for advertising for products or services related to your business.
16. Printed shirts. Instructs promotional shirts and dresses your Web address on the back. For even more visibility with this method, I sponsor a soccer team for the use, or use them as gifts to promotional mail.