Self-employed, able to work under pressure and to generate positive results in adverse situations are the candidates that companies currently seek to address the economic recovery, according to experts.
The financial market crisis and labor, which in 2009 left 2.5 million people unemployed in Mexico according to the National Institute of Statistics and Geography (INEGI), contributed to the redefinition of the profiles, so if you get a job or preserve the characteristics that you have there you should strengthen.
Current workers have an average of seven jobs in different companies throughout his life, which gives an idea of the existing labor mobility and the need to strengthen their position in the company where they serve, according to Manpower.
“The thing that is currently paid experience, as companies are betting on the precious people who are able to make better decisions,” says the director of Business Support Unit of the human resources firm, Martha Barroso.
These skills include knowledge management, integration of technology, capacity for analysis and management work under pressure.
The profile “ideal” candidate is defined as the place to which they aspire, but there are characteristics that all hunters must take into account, no matter what your work area.
According to the specialist in Human Capital Management, Nicolas Bonk, crises involve a restructuring, so it helps improve performance and increase the screening of employees and the company.
What companies look for?
* The self-learning is a skill highly valued in these times, it means that the employee is mature and has a capacity for analysis and response. Experts advise to take initiative and not wait until the boss tells you where to find the required information.
* The current economic situation requires a high level of preparation and a great ability to operate autonomously, says Nicolas Bonk, so employees can choose to yield to the pressure or take advantage of this stimulus to face the challenges of working life.
* Most of the features that a company looks are not what you learn directly in school, but those acquired through experience, said Barroso. If you are just entering the work world, shows why you should fill the post and make sure the recruiter knows your handle other languages, your willingness to work, learn new things and your openness to change.
* If looking for a new job and going to an interview, be sure not to give the impression that you are totally rusty. Before going to the event take care of how we treat your sector, average wage, basic tasks and operations of the company to which you are applying.
* In addition to demonstrating that you are able to do various tasks, it is important that your personality promotes empathy and showing excellent communication, commitment, deal negotiation, ability to work in different niche markets or business and collaborative work.
If you already have employment
If you’re currently working experts say not to let their guard down and show why you are valuable to your company.
1. With regard to performance: The key is ongoing communication between different levels of the organizational pyramid, as it helps to work independently but always leaving the door open to collaboration. “Employees are not limited to his duties and anticipate the needs are highly valued, so the company will try to preserve at all costs,” said Bonk.
2. In terms of working environment: It is essential that the employee is responsive to outside criticism to improve their performance as they do not accept them “poisoning” the work environment and affects the relationship with the consequent loss of productivity.