You can get the best plugin that lets you transform your WordPress install from just a blogging platform to a powerful online directory that has numerous features along with in-built payment gateways.
It is ideal for circumstances where you wish to develop your own ‘Yellow Pages like’ online products, services or website directory.
All you need to do is to drop in the plugin and activate it. Then you can setup Directory, and you can start creating your listings.
You can find loads of directory templates in this plugin that could be customized easily in order to meet your needs. You can also find different eye-catching, predefined styles along with an easy-to-use color changer that can be used in order to customize the theme.
And the best part is that you would be charging others through Authorize.net or PayPal in order to list their products, services or websites within your Directory.
You also find the ability in the plugin for creating your own customized categories, distinct custom fields and loads of customization options. The plugin can simply cover all of your requirements.
WordPress Directory develops the embed code for your custom taxonomy as well as custom fields, in an automatic manner. It allows the customization of your theme in order to support the listing page an easy task.
And, as mentioned earlier, you can find literally unlimited options including:
• The layout options can be customized using rows or grid view. The color scheme can be set from the dashboard and text shadows can be turned on or off.
• The listings can be easily customized in order to create custom categories that fit your requirements.
• Set up a one-time or repeating billing for the listings
• Contains advertising space in the theme
• Select the features that are supported on the admin interface of your listing
• Listings can be reviewed/rated allowing users to submit a review or rate the listing
• For different customized post types, develop and allocate customized fields like multi-line text box, a simple text box, checkboxes, radio button, multi selection box or drop down selection box.
• Use a customized menu icon
• Make use of the custom field embed code and auto-generated taxonomy in order to place it within your WordPress loop. Then, they can be displayed in your theme.
You can check more ways of using it along with details on the installation page of our WordPress Directory.
And, new options are continuously being added on member requests. In case you want to see a feature added, make suggestions at the forums.
Almost 90% of components developed in WPMU DEV originate in member requests.
Please download plugin here :