Google keeps getting closer to providing a complete operating system (if not already doing so already) with its suite of desktop services and the office and business, plus the release of Android, the platform for developing applications for cell phones and gPC (GooglePC), product of the union with Ubuntu Linux. All this is a sign of how much Google is entering into our computers, far beyond the browser.
The questions are: Would you use an operating system from Google? and Do you think Google is more (or less) invasive than Microsoft Vista?
According to a survey in the forum Search Engine Journal, 59% of respondents indicated that users prefer Google, and would use its operating system without fear.
The following sentences were taken from the comments of respondents:
* You may already be working on an OS …
* Can you imagine what Microsoft would start to sweat if Google was launched to the market for operating systems?
* What would happen if they decided to ally with Apple or Linux buy and launch free open source alternatives?
* If this happens, Google would become even more powerful. They would know all about the users.
* I would use, but not exclusively. As webmaster, you should at least familiarize myself with the OS, even to know an alternative browser. And if it becomes popular, a percentage of my customers may use it, so need to adapt the design of my sites to this new browser.
What do you think about it? Would you use the Google OS?